Help Make a Dream Come True for a Child in your Community!
ANYONE such as a doctor, mother, teacher, friend, etc. may refer a child to Dream Come True. All referrals MUST be in writing...or via the online form. Once the form is completed, an authorization form will be mailed to the parents and/or guardians of the child. This form will explain our mission, as well as request the names of TWO of the child’s attending physicians in order to verify their diagnoses.
For more information before completing our “Refer a Child” form, please review our “Policies and Guidelines."
PLEASE NOTE: A child is NOT deemed eligible for a Dream at this time. Eligibility will depend on the verification of the physicians, as well as final approval by our Board of Directors.
A child is eligible for Dream Come True if he or she:
* Is between the ages of 4 and 19
* Has resided in the Dream Come True service area for a minimum of six months
* Has a medical condition that is severe, chronic or terminal as determined by a physician
* Is able to communicate a dream and derive enjoyment from the experience
* Has NOT received a dream or wish from another wish-granting organization
A child is ineligible for Dream Come True if he or she:
* Has severe brain damage, irrespective of the primary diagnosis, which would make the child incapable of enjoying a dream, as determined by a physician or a trained professional
* Has short term, completely treatable conditions
* Has a primary diagnosis of Down Syndrome, Diabetes, Autism, Asthma, BUT WITH a secondary chronic, serious or terminal illness.
THANK YOU for referring a child who could benefit from our mission:
Fulfilling the DREAMS of seriously, chronically, and terminally ill children
within Fairfield, Litchfield, and New Haven counties.
Please complete the form or click here to download the form.